Last Updated: January 3, 2012
This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will post a notice of these changes on our website and in this Policy. You are advised to consult this Policy regularly for any changes.
2. Information Collection
Personally Identifiable Information.
In the course of using the Service, you may be required to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you and administer your account (“Personal Information”), and to provide you with access to some parts of the Site and the Service. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, IP address, credit card and bank account details. We also maintain information as a result of your activity as well as monitoring and recording all or part of our communications with you. We may also present links on the Site in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
Non Personally Identifiable Information.
When you access the Site or use the Service, we collect the following non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PersonallyInformation”):
As is true of most websites, we automatically collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or online service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site, referring pages and information you search for on the Site and the Service.
- Like many websites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Site. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site, aggregate usage of the Service and other statistical information which is not Personal Information. Please note that you can configure your browser to stop accepting cookies (or to be prompted before accepting it). However, opting out cookies will prevent you from using all possible parts of the Site and/or using all its functionality or the functionality of the Service.
Third Party Sites and Third Party Services
2. How We Use Information
We may use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
(1) to provide the Service
(2) to administer your use of the Service and any accounts you may have with us
(3) to personalize your experience
(4) to provide to you service announcements and fulfill your order
(5) to provide you with further information and offers from us that we believe you may find useful or interesting, such as newsletters, marketing or promotional materials.
(6) on behalf of and according to instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
(8) to resolve any disputes between users of the Site or the Service, or between such users and us.
(9) to contact you to obtain feedback from you regarding the Site and the Service. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such announcements, information or offers, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use information that is not Personal Information for the above purposes and in addition in order to (i) monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the technical administration of the Site and the Service, (ii) improve the Site and the Service, (iii) generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics, website and Service use behavior of our users, and (iv) verify that users of the Service meet the criteria which is required to process their requests.
Additionally, with respect to both Personal Information and other information:
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information, including queries and offers generated as a result of your use of the Service, that includes non-identifying information and Log Data, with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, other commercial purposes and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Combined Information. We may combine certain Personal Information with non Personal Information in order to allow us to create information packages and services that are better tailored to your interests and preferences. Among other things, linking this information may allow us generally to improve and personalize the Site and the Service. If we combine or link any information with your Personal Information, the resulting combination will be treated as Personal Information under this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on our behalf and to perform services related to administration of the Service or the Site (including, without limitation, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics, payment processing and administration). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to comply with this Policy.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party’s property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including among others your Personal Information and Log Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or substantially all of our shares or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy.
- Disclosure to third party upon consent. We may share your Personal Information to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
In addition, we may post additional ancillary privacy notices with respect to specific services.
3. Our Policy Toward Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at info email@example.com
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information
Our users may sometimes review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information, if not required to be retained by law or for legitimate business reasons. If you completely delete all such information, your account may be deactivated.
In addition, we may delete any information provided by you or related to you, pursuant to our policies as then in effect.
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ a variety of measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, we do not promise that your Personal Information or private communications will be protected from unauthorized disclosure or use.
If you receive an e-mail asking you to update your Personal Information, do not reply and please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. International Processing or Transfer
Your information may be processed, maintained or transferred outside of your state, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
7. Contacting Us
If you have any concerns, remarks or questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Copyright © 2011, Meteo-Logic Ltd. All rights reserved.